COME DOWN TO THE SHORE!!
ARISAIG CHRISTMAS BAZAAR 30TH YEAR!!!
- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 11:00 to 3:00
- Arisaig Community Hall
- 30th year SPECIAL – Free Admission for every 30th ticket – plus $30 cash
- variety of Crafts, Knitting, hooked rugs, paintings, arts & crafts
- *Brown Bread and Beans Canteen
- *Baking and Preserves table
- *huge Silent Auction with great deals
- *ticket draws for turkey and lobster … 50/50’s … special prizes
- *stuff for kids
- *used books & New-to-You tables
- book private tables through Mary MacLellan 863-1101
- or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- * proceeds to Arisaig Community Development
- The lighthouse was rebuilt in 2007 by the community to resemble the old lighthouse at The Point
- serving ice cream, drinks, etc., gift shop, brochures
- fantastic sunsets
- CLOSEED til next summer
Dockside Cafe & Lobster Interpretive Centre
- chowder & fish cakes very popular
- a good break from the adjoining beach
- interesting lobster display & film
- CLOSED til next summer
A R I S A I G P R O V I N C I A L P A R K
- This spring Friends of Arisaig Park planted 1500 seedlings.
- white pines and yellow birches
- in the areas that have been cut down in response to the collapse of the spruce stand which has hit the park. These saplings should overtake the landscape as the cut trees go back to nature.
- during the fall season, park workers plant larger developed trees
- This is a long-term project. The wide swaths of felled trees are planned fire-breaks. Many of them are showing new signs of life.
The eventual goal is an Acadian Forest environment, with only trees that grew naturally in Nova Scotia before mankind arrived.
Yes, that’s the Bluenose just off Arisaig Point.
2016 News from the wharf…..
Along the North Shore the villages of Knoydart, McArra’s Brook, Arisaig, Doctor’s Brook, Malignant Cove and West Maryvale are linked through the wharf at Arisaig Point and the Community Hall across the Sunset Trail from Arisaig Church.
The recently completed Lobster Interpretation Centre and Dockside Cafe (2013) as well as the Arisaig Provincial Day Park unite the communities through various activities.
The Lobster Fishery
- with 23 boats and their lobster fishermen actively hauling from May 1 to June 30 each year.
- Some boats continue to fish for other catch during the summer.
- Bluefin tuna charters available.
Opening Day Madness
- 45.761 N x 62.171 W We are on Atlantic Daylight Time.
- after fishing season, boat slips are available through the summer
- the great beach and Dockside Cafe are close at hand
- Contact: Arisaig Harbour Authority President: Clarence Arbuckle 902-863-6474 email@example.com or Stevie MacInnis 902-863-1509 http://www.macinnisbluefintunacharters.com
- Launching and Dockage fees at usual rates. You may register in the Lighthouse Canteen & arrange fuel purchases. (11am to 8pm). At this time we can only accept cash payment
Check out the interesting article highlighting Arisaig and area in Out and About in NS. The article was written by Denise Davis ……… click on: Visit Arisaig
WHERE WE ARE: